Registration number: ЛС-000499
Trade name: Eltacin®
International non-proprietary name: glycine + glutamic acid + cystine.
Dosage form: sublingual tablets.
Ingredients per 1 tablet: active ingredients: glycine – 100 mg, glutamic acid – 70 mg, cystine – 70 mg; excipients: methylcellulose – 7.8 mg, magnesium stearate – 2.2 mg.
Appearance: round flat cylindrical tablets, white to yellowish-white, with elements of marbling.
Therapeutic category: antioxidant.
ATC code: C01EX.
Eltacin® is a combined medicine that contains a mixture of nonessential amino acids: glycine, glutamic acid and cystine. The components of Eltacin® are metabolic regulators that increase the intracellular concentration of glutathione, and the activity of glutathione-dependent enzymes which normalize redox processes and oxygen utilization in tissues. Due to that the drug is capable to:
- have an antioxidant (reducing the content of free radicals, peroxide compounds, malondialdehyde) and antihypoxic effect (by increasing the body's resistance to oxygen deficiency, enhancing the synthesis of adenosine triphosphoric acid (ATP));
- increase the contractility of the myocardium;
- increase physical capacity;
- improve the quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure (by increasing social adaptation, improving psycho-emotional state);
- accelerate the recovery of physical capacity after intense physical activity in children.
Pharmacokinetics: glycine penetrates into most biological fluids and body tissues, as well as into the brain, it does not accumulate in tissues; metabolized to water and carbon dioxide. Glutamic acid is well absorbed, penetrates the blood-brain barrier and cell membranes; utilized in the process of metabolism, 4–7% is excreted by the kidneys unchanged. The concentration of cystine gradually increases in tissues, reaching a maximum after 30 minutes, and then slowly decreases; does not accumulate, not toxic.
Indications for use
Indications for use:
- Syndrome of vegetative dysfunction in adults and children over the age of 12 years.
- Prevention of chronic physical stress and recovery after intense physical activity when playing sports in children aged 11 to 15 years.
- Chronic heart failure of I-III functional classes according to NYHA classification in adults (together with the basic therapy).
- Chronic heart failure of I-II functional classes according to NYHA classification in children aged 12 years and older (together with the basic therapy).
Contraindications: hypersensitivity to glycine or to other components of the drug, children under 11 years (efficacy and safety have not been established).
Precautions for use: does not require special precautions.
Dosage and administration
Administration of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding: no specific studies have been conducted. Not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dosage and administration
Sublingually. The tablet can also be chewed and held in the mouth under the tongue until it is completely dissolved.
Syndrome of vegetative dysfunction in adults and children aged 12 years and older: 1 tablet 3 times a day sublingually, the course of treatment is from 1 to 3 months, depending on the severity of the disease, repeated courses are prescribed on the recommendation of a doctor.
Prevention of chronic physical stress in children aged 11 to 15 years: 1 tablet 2 times a day for 2-3 weeks.
During the recovery period after intense physical activity when playing sports in children aged 11 to 15 years: 1 tablet 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
Chronic heart failure of I-III functional classes according to NYHA classification in adults: 1 tablet 3 times a day sublingually, the course of treatment is from 1 to 3 months, depending on the severity of the disease, repeated courses are prescribed on the recommendation of a doctor.
Chronic heart failure of I-II functional classes according to NYHA classification in children aged 12 years and older: 1 tablet 3 times a day sublingually, the course of treatment is from 1 to 3 months, depending on the severity of the disease, repeated courses are prescribed on the recommendation of a doctor.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
Overdose: no cases of overdose have been identified.
Drug interactions: can be taken simultaneously with angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, beta-blockers, diuretics, aldosterone antagonists, organic nitrates and blockers of "slow" calcium channels.
Possible effects on ability to drive vehicles or use potentially dangerous machines: does not affect.
Package: sublingual tablets 70 mg +70 mg + 70 mg. 30 tablets in a blister made of polyvinyl chloride film and aluminum foil. 1 blister together with instructions for use in a cardboard box.
Storage conditions: in original package (blister) at a temperature not exceeding 25 С°.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life: 3 years.
Do not use after labeled expiration date.
Prescription status: no prescription required.
Name and address of manufacturer/company which accepts customer complaints: LLC “Medical Scientific and Production Complex “BIOTIKI”. Russia, 115404, Moscow, 6th Radialnaya st., 24, bldg. 1, 2, 14, 15.
Phone: +7 (495) 327-86-30
Toll-free hotline in Russia: 8-800-100-32-22